When & where is the next rocket launch worldwide?

Did anyone see the Electron launch today? I missed it live but backed up the live stream to see it. Launch went well but then the system failed before achieving orbit. Bummer for that team.

EDIT: FYI, with a pop-up China launch, all five launches are within the next week. First time this has happened.

I missed the recent launch… but did find time to add another feature to my piston.
(shown highlighted below)

Now, if there is no mission statement listed, it’ll list the {tags}, as well as new dataPoints.
(mission keywords begin after the pic )

I plan to update my original post within the next few days…
(unless someone wants it sooner)

I thought that was in your last update. Or are you showing ore than just the tags now?

In that last screenshot, there are two tags:
B1051 and Series: SpaceX Starlink

Then I use a diamond to separate the new data:
Starlink-10 (57x) and BlackSky Global 5 & 6

This new data will likely catch the various smaller missions launching on the one rocket.

To answer your question, {tags} is already in use in my first piston here… The new dataPoint will be uploaded when I next update this piston. (it feels silly to push out a tiny update, unless others do not want to wait)

This is great. I noticed on the last mission there was no mission and no tags. This will give a third field to potentially avoid an empty category. I think I got it implemented in my copy. I just had to find the alt-code for the diamond :smile: Thanks!

split this topic #287

5 posts were split to a new topic: Inserting Emoji, Symbols or Images into a piston

That is what inspired me to add this feature…

The piston in the original post has now been updated to display this extra mission data.

First time I’ve seen four actually scheduled and all within a 7 day period.

You beat me to it. ha ha. Yes, it looks like a busy week. Unfortunately first up may get cancelled due to weather. Waiting for an update…

EDIT: Launch scrubbed for today :frowning:

It is funny… I can look at someone’s screenshot in this thread, and tell exactly which older version it was forked off of.

I guess it serves me right with all of the updates I have posted here, LOL.
pic

Can’t spread out much farther without leaving the country…

pic

FL > AK is almost the same distance as from Maine to Hawaii.
(as the crow flies, nearly 5000 miles / 8000 km separates the two extremes)

This is an interesting occurrence. The next three launches are still estimated but 4 & 5 are not. All within the next week.

I just caught myself hovering over your image, trying to see more information, LOL

LOL. Interestingly, when I actually was hovering over this, I found an error in my script (since corrected). I was displaying 5 tiles but only provided future launch information for 4. Turned out I was building my future launch list based on hrsToLaunch<168 hours and skipping display of tiles for >168 hours and the 5th just happen to be exactly 168 hours. What are the odds? Anyway, easy fix.

First for this: 5 known launches in the next week! Let’s see what actually happens…

T-10 minutes until SpaceX launches in Florida… (it launches on the hour)

More Info: nasaspaceflight/anasis-satellite-korea
(including some world records that may be broken)

Video Feed: rocketlaunch/anasis-ii

First time I have noticed this…
In the current API, there is a slight conflict between launch_description and quicktext:

I will pay more attention in the future, but it looks like:

• quicktext uses win_open
  • launch_description uses t0

TL;DR
The launch is actually in 15 minutes. (half past), but the video feed just went live!

Interesting… Parts of the rocket will return to Earth, and they will attempt to catch it in a giant net…!!

T-5 minutes, with perfect weather:

Nice closeup