All my browser dashboard tiles are all gray

That was a first attempt at getting a dashboard. Will be replaced.

webCoRE Dashboard Tiles Help

Okay, I understand. Upwards and onward. And thanks in advance for the replacement.

webCoRE is quite fantastic.

I’m a bit confused, to be honest. I see people talking about tiles all around, but I don’t understand where I should see tiles actually and how to create one.

Maybe one of the @webCoRE_Minions knows of a guide in the wiki…

https://community.webcore.co/search?context=topic&context_id=333&q=Tiles&skip_context=true

I am not sure how this is an answer, if it is supposed to be. Clicking the link simply generates a search which only finds this thread. I too see lots of comments about tile, yet everything I got is grey too. Is there a dashboard 101 wiki yet pulled together?

It was a search of just tiles. It shouldn’t have been limited to this topic. But the point was that there are plenty of answers out there about tiles with turn key examples as well.

I’ve done plenty of searching, and have found many examples, but I’m with kraig109 here… nothing is showing up. No one is saying how are where these tiles should show. I’ve added about 5 example pistons, including the weather/forecast samples, and still there are no tiles anywhere to be found.

To answer my own question and for anyone else that had a challenge with tiles showing up… you need to go to “Settings > Categories” and add a category and change the type in the dropdown.

I’ve done that, set categories, changed pull downs to various combinations of details and tiles. Nope. When I go to the dashboard option (beta?) on the left, I see my devices, not the sample tiles, and they are all grey.

I see one now…took a LONG time to show up…doesn’t show up in the “Dashboard (beta)” option on my desktop, but I see it in the browser on my phone.

How long is long lol.

I am seeing the same thing for my dashboard. I have seen some people posting some very cool dashboards but I cannot even get mine to work properly. Did you ever get this resolved?

The tiles you see others post are from the home page (where you see all your pistons listed). Check out Device Tiles in the examples section for some good starting points.

I’m afraid I’m among the group of those who just can’t figure the Dashboard Tiles out.

When I click on Dashboard (beta), it takes me to https://dashboard.webcore.co/
and I am present with the group of tiles representing my things, but they are all greyed out. Sensors, for example, show show temperature and battery level, but none of the tiles do anything.

Searching the site brings up lots of hits for users displaying their dashboard, and the Webcore Wiki shows nothing for “dashboard tiles.”

I just don’t get it.

I’ve built several pistons, but I don’t understand the whole dashboard tile interface.

Anyone have a “how to”?

Dashboard (beta): Currently does nothing besides display your devices all in one page. They say it is only 1% complete so it does nothing except show grey tiles. We have been told Dashboard (beta) will be renamed so as to not confuse it with the WebCORE dashboard.

As for tile pistons, read the following post to get started and follow up if you have any questions. It is a little confusing at first but once you figure it out, it will be easy.

And the wiki page…
https://wiki.webcore.co/Device_Tiles

WebCoRE Dashboard Tiles

I finally figured this out.

1. Go to the instance that has your tiles (Mine is webCore Tiles. You should see Home \ webCoRE Tiles (v0.3.10a) or the like at the top left.)
  2. You’ll need at least one Category for your tiles. If you already have it, go to step 5
  3. Tap “Settings” in the menu on the left, then tap [Categories] at the top.
  4. You’ll see your categories listed. (At least Uncategorized.)
    Tap [Add category] and change the name to “Tiles” or whatever suits you.
  5. To display your Tiles category as Tiles, click on the drop-down next to the Category name and select any item with “Tiles” in it. (Default is Details, which doesn’t show as Tiles.)
  6. Tap [Apply]
  7. If you’ve already added your Tiles pistons to the Category you created for them, you’re done.
  8. Otherwise, open each individual Tile Piston, but don’t edit.
    Tap the drop-down under “Piston Category” near the top left and select the Tile Category. Tap [<Home \ webCoRE…] at the top left. You should now see that Piston as a Tile.
  9. Repeat for all other Tile Pistons until they’re all in the Tile Category.

Additional idea: You could create a variety of Tile Categories which would separate each set of Tiles into groups when displayed. They’ll display in the order shown in the Categories setting page.

Device Status Tiles

So by “figured it out” do you mean that you were able to add your own piston tiles? Is there no default (built-in) dashboard that shows devices and allows you to switch them on/off like you can on the ST or ActionTiles dashboards?

There isn’t one yet and who knows if there ever will be one. There is the dashboard (beta) available in the menu but it does not work since it was never finished. All you will see are greyed out tiles.

You can create tiles yourself but they are not exactly the same as actiontiles.

You can discover more about tiles in the following thread…

OK, sigh. I love the simplicity of ActionTiles and ability to share panels without exposing (het-hem) less-experienced users to the automation in ST. I haven’t really found the need for automation beyond what I can do in the ST straightforward automation app, so WebCore will probably be relegated to the task of presence sensor in the iOS app, which seems to be working pretty reliably (once a widened the gap between the in/out circles). Was thinking I might avoid multiple apps on family’s phones.