Device not shown in Available Devices in Webcore Setting

Cheers, @ipaterson for the instructions, worked great for rolling back to any version.

I found in versions 0.3.10a and b can no longer be installed in SmartThings Classic App and c,d,e all have the issue of not being able to get to the ‘devices by capability’ screen as we just get ‘Something’s Wrong’.

After more searching it might be that there is a problem on SmartThings AP02 server with the webCoRE install. I will follow this path some more.

Cheers,

@mr_fy which country are you from?

Australia.

Note: I got one of my simple devices working which is just a switch by editing the Device Handler and adding ‘capability: actuator’. Then i could see it under actuators and tick it.

This is looking more like a problem on the AP02 SmartThings server. These additional sections might not exist. The below screenshot is from someone else on this forum:

c7405c88d31e0d36575ed5dbe9da46ef1438778b_2_585x500

Mine looks like the below:

So, when the webCoRE app looks for devices by capability, the other sections don’t exist and comes up with ‘Something’s Wrong’.

Im just putting an email together for SmartThings.

Cheers,

@Max_Lin Please try the code that I posted over here which splits capabilities into three separate pages. This worked for @mr_fy’s inability to access the capabilities list and I am curious whether it has any effect for your missing devices.

@ipaterson I tested, finally the page shown. but there is some weird issue. Maybe it’s only for me who have alot of devices. But give me sometime to explain this in typing.

i’m in capability Page 2 (1/2/3 all has same issue).
Which energy meter, i go in, tick Xiaomi Power Plug, done (return to capability page 2), it show xiaomi power plug in blue (selected)
Which holdable buttons, i go in, tick Xiaomi holdale button, done (return to capability page 2)
Issue comes: the 1st energy meter is empty after i done 2nd one.

and if i do the 3rd one, say (which lights). tick some lights there, the 1st and 2nd one is empty.

it just play around.

Only work around is, 1st one (energy meter) > tick > done (return to capability page 2) > save
then it will return to main available device page REPEAT

then go in capability page 2 again > which lighting > tick > done > save return to main available device page

hope this explains.

Thank you for the explanation. Do the devices remain selected if you change only one capability, then tap back, then return to the same capabilities screen to add more devices?

In my case the selected devices are not lost in the way you describe, so you are probably correct that the problem is related to having a large number of devices.

Yes, some selection only have 1 device. And the same thing happens (previous done thing go missing) if I only “done” and didn’t save the capability page.
BTW, great job!

I had the same. I had to select each device, save and exit back out and then repeat for each category.

I found this thread after adding a couple of Samsung Water Leak Sensors. I can see them fine in the Classic and New App. I knew I had to do something for webCoRE to see them. Note that I would recommend renaming them in the Smartthings web interface within the My Devices tab first so that they make sense for you to tell where they are (i.e. all sensors of the same type have the same name until you do this).

I performed the following in the Classic app to give webCoRE access:

1. Touch the Automation icon
  2. Select the SmartApps tab
  3. Select webCoRE
  4. Settings
  5. Available Devices
  6. Touch either Which actuators or Which sensors
  7. Scroll through the list and make sure all your devices are selected, and if not, select them
  8. Touch Done, Done, Back, Done, and then Save

Sorry if I am answering the wrong question, but this does seem to fit for at least some of the posts.

You forgot select devices by capability at the bottom …capability groups 1-3