Device not shown in Available Devices in Webcore Setting

No phone near me at the moment, but there is literally 65 other categories directly below “Select devices by capability”…

Stuff like:
Water Sensors
Motion Sensors
Appliances
etc…

Clicking on any one of the categories, will pull up a page listing all “similar” devices. Placing a checkmark next to one (or more) device, and saving multiple times on your way out, will add it/them to webCoRE.

Maybe someone with a few free minutes can post a screenshot of what I am referring to

@WCmore
Hi, i get what you are saying, but they literally don’t exist!
Maybe when you get near your phone you could check.
Cheers,

There is nothing to check on my end really. I’m just saying that that is the place that I would start my troubleshooting.

IE: Why aren’t you seeing any other options using the SmartThings Classic version?!?

Going off of memory at the moment, but something like:

SmartThings Classic app > Automation > SmartApps > webCoRE > Settings > Add Devices

EDIT

For what it’s worth, 95% of devices are found in the top two main categories. But there is a handful of devices that I have to go into one of the other categories below to add the device

@WCmore
That’s exactly the question, why don’t we see the other options in the SmartThings Classic app (Under, Classic app > Automation > SmartApps > webCoRE > Settings > Add Devices)
I would suggest that the latest updates have broken something.
Maybe when you check your phone you could find the same problem.
Hopefully someone can confirm if it is still working for them or if that see the same.
Cheers,

Could be. I am the type of guy that updates strategically, so I cannot comment on the very latest version.

Ten days ago when we started this conversation, I saw 65 categories when scrolling down. I did not realize there was so many, so I had to actually count out of curiosity. I peeked inside a few of them in the process, and the ones I looked at listed the devices that I would expect to find in that category.

My hunch is your not finding the devices is directly related to the incomplete category list.

@WCmore
What version are you still running where it still works?
I dont see any way of installing older versions.

I am using the SmartThings Classic app that is a few months old

Hopefully someone with another version can chime in with their observations

Sorry was referring to WebCoRE version.

Oh, I do not have webCoRE installed on my phone at all. I do all of my programming in a standard web browser, and only access new devices thru the SmartThings Classic app as mentioned above… I don’t use webCoRE’s stand alone app…

So I guess I cannot comment on that either, LOL

Sorry I am not being more helpful

The version of webCoRE installed in your IDE.

I do also use the webCoRE app and presence sensor but that is unrelated.

It is definitely possible to do this manually. I think @ipaterson is the guy to talk to if you want to pursue that. (although I would think it would be better finding out what caused it in the first place)

I second on that. I installed the latest version soon and just can’t find that device :sob:

@ipaterson
Hi, I understand you might know how to install a previous webCoRE version?
I would like to rollback from the latest version to determine if our problem is a bug in the new version.
Cheers

webCoRE has no control over the devices that SmartThings shows in these lists. Please contact SmartThings support if you are not able to use specific devices in smart apps.

@ipaterson Hi, since the upgrade last week there are now devices that used to be visible by webCoRE are no longer visible. All the categories are now missing, and picking ‘by capability’ fails with ‘Somethings Wrong’. The same also applies for brand new installs of the latest version.

Thank you, did SmartThings support have any observations about your account or devices?

You can paste code into the smart app in the SmartThings IDE and publish old versions from GitHub. Start here where you can click the < > button to jump to any older version. Then you can browse to smartapps/ady624, click through to the code for each smart app where you can click the Raw button to get a plain text version that is easy to copy and paste into SmartThings.

@ipaterson
Cheers, I’ll give that a try with the rollback and report back if its working again.
I havn’t contacted SmartThings support as yet as it initially looks like a webCoRE issue, but I will confirm that now.

@Max_Lin By any chance are you in Asia Pacific region like me?

These are listed as two of the recent changes.

05/22/2019 v0.3.10c.20190522 - BETA M3 - Changed the device selection page in main app to fix timeout issues in Asia-Pacific
05/14/2019 v0.3.10b.20190514 - BETA M3 - Changed the device selection page to fix timeout issues in Asia-Pacific

Maybe check this thread too.

cheers

I’m in Singapore. South East Asia.
I need time to check on this. Won’t be at home for a week. =(