Font Awesome 5.0

Any chance that the new version of Font Awesome 5.0 can be added to webCoRE that was recently released?

https://fontawesome.com/icons?d=gallery

Font Awesome Update?

This has been open to discussion by the minions for some time but I haven’t received any feedback so let’s move the discussion here:

• Can we eliminate Font Awesome 4 and just use the compatibility shim to migrate the old icon names to FA 5 (i.e. no change required to old pistons)?
    • Nothing has been removed in FA 5 but most icons will look at least slightly different
  • FA 5 uses four prefixes (fa- for solid, fal- for light outline, far- for regular outline, and fab- for brand logos) so I think it would be best if our markup matches (e.g. :fab-google: and :fal-book:)
  • We have a license for FA5, so we can certainly use the full premium set on the dashboard

I say go for it. Eliminate the old and just use the new. If no one is losing any icons then let’s put it to a vote and make it official

These new icons would be so nice. Can’t wait!

This update has been published and the dashboard is now using the Font Awesome 5 Pro SVG framework! See the announcement for more details