Font Awesome Update?

I tried to use some of the icons from a recent Font Awesome catalog (5.0.7) and they don’t seem to work so I’m guessing an older version of FA is loaded in webCoRE.

Can we get a Font Awesome update?

Hmmm, I don’t think that’s the deal in my case.

Example of what you’re using (trying to use)?

Sure …

:fa-weight:

Did you supply the solid/regular/light?

fa/r/s/l-weight

Edit: hmm not getting it, i could have sworn it worked for me

No, I’ve never done that for any FA icons. I just tried it on this one and it didn’t help.

Let’s tag @ipaterson. The 5.0 version works for me but not the 5.0.7

This has been requested and minions voted in favor of a migration strategy that should allow pistons to continue working without modification once the dashboard is switched to FA 5. The problem here was that the way webCoRE bundles and publishes its dependencies would violate the Font Awesome Pro license agreement.

To avoid that issue I was waiting on the Font Awesome team to release their CDN for FA 5 Pro licensed customers. 3 days ago they did just that and the transition has gone smoothly for me in other projects. There are a few other changes waiting for a release so once we are registered for the CDN I will update the formatting commands to support the new icons. I hope to use the SVG version of FA 5 since it is more feature-packed than the webfont version but that involves support for additional syntax and we’ll have to see if any incompatibilities arise.

Important note - FA 5 Pro will not work on any self-hosted dashboards, only dashboard.webcore.co and our staging dashboards. I suspect that it will fall back to the free icon set in that case but we’ll have to see.

Awesome, thanks for that detailed reply.

And sorry about missing the fact it had been posted before.

Thanks to ady the dashboard is now whitelisted with the FA 5 Pro CDN so I will be able to work on a proper Font Awesome 5 integration for the next release.

Good stuff! Thanks.

This update has been published and the dashboard is now using the Font Awesome 5 Pro SVG framework! See the announcement for more details

Great! Thanks!