Holiday Lights: 4th of July / Diwali / Halloween / Christmas - Your Pick

4thofjuly
diwali
halloween
christmas
holiday

yes and yes

the issue is the edits. you are checking for ALL in one place and ANY in the other for the presence sensors which is breaking the repeat do loop.

the only any i can find is outside the loop does that make a difference?

Edit: sorry just noticed it how do i fix it? as it has true and false in the loop as well

Edit: hopefully may have worked it out just testing

@bangali could you explain the last IF part of the piston to me please, to me it seems contradictory.

So it would only stop if the @pauseHLCRaFp is false ?

no. that if only runs once after 11:00pm when the while loop exits. in normal looping when it changing lights and playing sound that if is not evaluated.

so I shouldn’t need my presence in that IF? i cant get it to work correctly yet, do i need to create a variable for the presence so if one of us is there its true and if both are not there it would be false? would that work better?

i would recommend doing this:

But when you pause this piston, then resume it again it doesn’t run again till the next day? So ie if we left at 7pm then came back at 9 we would want it to continue but it wouldnt?

dont pause the piston. set the flag to true when all away and false when anyone comes back. and go back to using the honj5 piston code version.

@bangali can the new piston be used without sound, ie for those who don’t have a sound device. I’m looking through the posts and whilst the answer may be there, I may just not have seen it yet.

sorry of course that’s what you meant! i got confused

yes it can, just set soundEnabled to false and save the piston.

ehh, no worries.

you ment like this :+1: its also so simple when you know how :grin:

also updated top post to make it easier to disable sound.

@bangali, super stuff, I didn’t think of looking at the piston itself for that. DOH :slight_smile:

This is a great piston, many thanks for your work on it and indeed sharing it.

you are welcome.

@bangali is there a reason why i get

Piston waited at a semaphore for 4814ms on this piston? and why does it happen, because it happens on some of my other pistons?

no idea. it does not even subscribe to any device events. just uses timer.

is everything else correct? its supposed to be your piston without the global variable and speakers