[Install Instructions] webCoRE Presence Sensor on your iPhone (beta)

still not sure why, but re-opening the beta app allowed me to do it, but I cant add one from any browser type in the web interface.

Strange problem, Presense shows away and I am home. I received no away notification. I canā€™t figure out how to force it to reset, other than going into config and click force home. I used force present, But it says at the bottom Leaving Joel home

The fix is play with the geo circle.

same here - had to quit/reopen the app to be able to add a place. Also cannot do it from the browser (Safari 11 or Chrome 61). Iā€™m using iOS11 and High Sierra

I get the green button (with the black pin on it). Press it, create a name and press ā€œSaveā€. But the green button dont dissepear from the list, and the sensor donā€™t show in ST app.

Have you published the DTH correctly? Check your Device Handlers, is it there? Does it say Published?

Yes, it is Published. Donā€™t know if it matter, but the DTH is marked with blue letters. All other DTHs are green

Hi @ady624 I know your very busy, but tried signing up for Testflight with a PM and nothing yet?

I tried to PM you for an inviation, but it rejected me. What can I do?

Sorry guys, Iā€™ve been very busy these last two days, my youngest is down with fever. Iā€™ve just sent a bunch of invites and added a bunch of emails to Google Play Store. Stomped :smiley: @JDogg016 you should have a reply.

@freeheelsfreeminds I believe you need to become user level 1 to be able to PM - you need to read around, spend a little time on the forum and youā€™ll get TL1 in no time. Not sure how much time, but am sure some @webCoRE_Minions know :slight_smile:

To gain trust level 1 you must achieve ALL of the following:

• Enter 15 topics
  • Read 40 posts
  • Clock up 30 minutes on the forum

A Followup to Robinā€™s post:

An Explanation of Trust Levels

Problem with the at home showing away has seemed to correct itself. What are the latest release notes on the latest update? Anything us testers should be aware of?

Itā€™s just silly that to test it you have to even do all that :frowning:. I guess itā€™s to limit testers to some extent of people that are showing real interest. I just feel like reviewing the persons ST posts could be a quicker method or even having a few questions answered that would help gauge someone is a good test candidate.

Besides that this looks super cool and I canā€™t wait to try it out. I currently use a complicated WiFi sniffing script that I track all the mac address in and I think if I read this right I can just give my users this app if they have an iPhone. Any plan for an Android version?

I have done many Beta tests, and have found that much of a beta is to spread it across a wide user base with all types of abilities. This way useability to a novice or tecky can be seen. I beta test for Apple, and my thoughts with the way they now have a public beta, is that they can see if the beta is useable from a noviceā€™s point of view. Now that is just my thoughts. Now do some beta test make you jump through hoops? Hell yes, but to be a beta tester you have to be devoted.

There is an Android version.

I too am involved in a lot of beta testing and have been in charge of a number of them too. Sometimes it just comes down to limiting the audience as the purpose is to shake out known and unknown issues, and having 100 people reporting it at the same time is unmanageable. Plus and no offense intended, but today there is software and apps that have been in ā€œbetaā€ for years that are fully functional, and that leads to expectations that a beta test wonā€™t break and there ends up a LOT of complaining.

I understandā€¦ just frustrating when youā€™re a software developer yourself and you know what to expect. Basically the less informed ruin it haha!

Hopefully soon enough Iā€™ll have PM privileges! :slight_smile:

Aha, that makes sense. Thanks!

The email/first name/last name is an Apple requirement. I need to add that info to a list in iTunes Connect. The Android beta is now open to everyone, no need to PM me - that was just for me to ensure instructions were read, due to a bug ST had. They fixed it meanwhile, thus the open beta. Apple does not offer such an option, unfortunatelly, they still require an email address and name.

Mobile app for webCoRE

I seem to have an issue if the app is killed. I thought I read somewhere in this post when I first read it that the app doesnā€™t need to be running. Is that the case, cause I have it get stuck in away when I have app killed and then it wouldnā€™t update until I reopened the app.

Also, my friend lives down the block and our places over lap. Just the leave circles though. I tried to make a place for him so it can tell if Iā€™m there and then I assumed if you entered a new place it would trigger you leaving the other. Not sure this will be a common problem but itā€™s an odd scenario for me.

Also, anytime I return I pass his place. I donā€™t have any rules for arriving at his place, but Iā€™m trying to figure out the best approach for this since if I leave my house for his I canā€™t get my house to go away. It keeps flip flopping since itā€™s so close between away and arrived even tho his house is about .17 miles away and Iā€™m definitely outside the enter zone for my place. Like I said, I know this is odd, but any ideas would be appreciated.

Leave the inside circles at the minimum. Make the outside circles large enough, even if they overlap. Make sure after changing circles (if you did that on a PC) you go to your app and click Settings and Apply the new circles - a future version will automatically update, but for now, you need to manually update the circles in the app. The app should report circle entry/exit even when killed. If you havenā€™t applied Settings changes using the app do so, then go for a walk outside of the outside circle.