Mobile app for webCoRE

@ady624, have you had any issues with battery drain on Android? I installed the app last night, opened it but never signed in. This morning I look and it’s used about 20% of my battery.

Secondly, have you thought about making a donate version of the app? I have some Google Play Rewards laying around that I won’t have to tell my wife about if I use them to contribute to the cause.

Yeah. The app uses a lot of battery.

Kill the app. It doesn’t need to run in the background once set up.

I am going to do so and report back. Thanks all over the place for the suggestion.

My problem is that once I kill it, it doesn’t always work anymore. I arrived home earlier today, nothing. 10 minutes later I open the webCoRE app and bam within 10 seconds I “arrive” home. I have it set to disregard doze mode, battery optimization etc etc but still can’t get it to work reliably. It’s a bummer because I really love this feature of webCoRE and depend on presence sensing for my smart phone automations.

Can this be modified for local presence? Like which room in the home?little circles

Mobile GPS just isn’t that accurate… have you looked into iBeacons?

I am having this same issue, yet as far as I know - I am not even closing the app. I have double checked where I know to look, nothing is set to close the app, nor do I have any app managers. I think that is what is happening however, that it is getting closed some how. Same result, open app and near instant update (suggesting it was closed).

Of course still all of this should be allowed according to @bobbles in post #142.

I’d wanted to use iBeacons but unsure how to connect them to SmartThings and remember the BeaconThings iOS app, but don’t believe it’s supported any longer. How else can they be connected and somewhat easily used?

I’ve only ever tinkered with iBeacons the once, a single beacon well over a year ago… did not suit my needs as a I was after covering a large area whereas they are intended for fairly close proximity (3-4 meters).

I have no idea if BeaconThings still works… suggest posting on the ST forum and tagging @JDRoberts (he hasn’t come over to the WC dark side yet).

I’m looking for solutions that’ll help with small area occupation presence sensing for determining individual rooms, floors and sectioning out individual “regions” outside my home.

I’ll check it out, I’ve read about in home wifi locating, or conditions like interior door opened and motion.

I have both an Apple and Android phone so when you get to testing the Android side i’d be very willing to help out.

You can find both on there respective app stores

I just realized this myself. I’ve been away from dorking out on my ST and WebCORE time to finally move off the original CORE and migrate over.

I’m new and just started following this thread. Is the webcore app that’s available in the app store for iPhone @$2.99, a finalized version of this app? Or is this app still in development?

It’s Beta… same as the main webCoRE smartapp.

Somewhere in the SmartThings community I’d seen a post about Find for in-home presence detection. I’d set it up before and it works fairly well, but wondering if anyone else is using.

Is a new blank instance still a recommended to avoid possible WebCoRE app removal? Just wondering if I can combine or need presence instance separate still.
Thanks

That problem was fixed long ago… no sepetare instance needed.