Monitor sump pump

Hi slam525i,
what you are doing is what i went to do I am using a zooz zen15
I have tried to make the piston you described

can you please show an example

often does your power monitor report ?
how do you get notified that it has run ?

thanks for any help Beau

Statement type?

You shouldn’t use “if xxx power is greater than” because it will constantly refresh as long as the pump is running. Use a “Rises above” and “drops below” instead. Also, don’t nest the if statements. Keep them parallel.

My power monitor is an Iris 3210-L1 Smart Plug. Reports every 5 seconds.

I don’t have a notification that it has run. I used to have it set up with “send notification” and “Send SMS” but I disabled it because my area’s water table is so high, it runs every half hour even in the driest of seasons.

There may be a better way of doing all this, but it’s been decades since I’ve done programming properly, and this works well enough.

thanks for the info do you have any thing in place to keep the plug from being turned off ?

Nothing to prevent it from being turned off but i’d notice as the time-since-last-trigger goes high. I also have a backup pump that’s unmonitored, so no risk of flooding in case something goes crazy with Z-wave and turns everything off.

If don’t have a notification how do you use the pistion ?

Piston Tiles --> Device Status Tiles

I love the learn how you put it together

Let me know how I can help.

Nice work.

Is there any way to integrate WebCoRE dashboard tiles with ActionTiles? I haven’t seen anything; just thought I’d ask if anyone hacked together a solution. I know there is a request on the ActionTiles forum for WebCoRE integration.

I have the code of your from above how does it connect in to Gauge Tiles & Piston State Display for Energy Reporting Devices

thanks i known you no longer do sms or email when you did where was that code

That’s literally just “Send notification” and “Send SMS notification” under Actions -> Location

I should have been clear in my question was it in it own piston or the first code you posted

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The code was with that first thing I posted with the time calculations, not with the tiles.

I like to keep many separate pistons, each with their own function or sub-function and triggering other pistons via changes in variables (not by directly triggering the piston). It may not be the most efficient to have a cascade of pistons firing when something happens, but it means I can alter stuff modularly.

i was look at the gauge code the last active code is missing
also I tried that I got 2 email at a time instead of one

FYI, you can skip all the /60000, /1000 math operators.

Been testing this one and it works, using formatDuration():

I am have trouble get the gauge to read correct as im not sure wht to set variable type to

Can you post a snapshot of your piston?

here is data

here the gauges