November 30, 2020 - End of the Classic app

I wonder if there will be any dashboard issues when the Classic app is retired.

Also, a reminder for users…

• edit your your pistons and change “ send push notification (msg)” to “send push notification (msg) and store in messages”
  • remove any existing SHM references such as armed/disarmed as they will no longer work
  • if you use STHM in the new apps, you will need to use virtual devices as a go-between for armed/disarmed in the new app

Again, watch your dashboards after the Classic app is retired. You never know if the dashboard loading issue will return :frowning:

Excellent tips, @jkp

… and for those still using a SmartThings account to log in…

• Make sure you create a Samsung account…
    (Otherwise, you will be unable to use the new ST app)

Hopefully, you are using an email provider that Samsung has not blocked

Addendum / Comic-relief:

No-one can say that the universe does not have a sense of humor…
I just received this computer generated email from smartthings.com
(totally unrelated to my support ticket)

Of course, the irony is, one computer is asking me to do something that another computer won’t allow.

Last call…

pic

Uggg… Still no help from Samsung…

Note: The frown represents my feelings towards this fiasco

I of course waited to the final day to migrate and I just didnt have time to really go though everything. I am not trying to get webCoRE setup in the new app and it wants me to setup a new instance. I had one (rarely used because I never had time to actually automate anything, lol) setup in the classic app. Is that instance still running? How do I get back to it? Im fine with setting up a new instance as the old one didnt have anything active but I didnt want a rogue instance running if it doesnt need to be.

The final date has now been postponed (mostly) until Nov. 30, 2020 :slight_smile:

But you can find your instance of webCoRE in the new app under menu > SmartApps.

Here is a guide for the new app, both setting up a new instances or accessing an existing instance to add available devices:

https://wiki.webcore.co/New_SmartThings_App

I already migrated so when I open the Classic app Im given a screen that only redirects me to the new app. In the new app I swear I checked under SmartApps and webCoRE wasnt there. I just checked again and its there :man_shrugging:
Thanks!

Yes, there is a message at the top of the screen, asking you to use the new app. But you can still use the Classic app to manage devices or Smartapps. :slight_smile:

There are some things that have been shut down in the Classic once you migrate such as SHM and routines/scenes.

But possible they may reduce more functionality over the coming days/weeks.

Do you have a link showing this?

… and some users are still blocked from installing the app… :roll_eyes:
(although they have escalated my ticket a second time, so fingers crossed)

Classic iOS app 2.20.1 has released.

Be warned: if you have run the migration tool, this version will basically prompt you to log out and switch to the new app.

If you haven’t migrated, I assume you will be prompted to migrate.

If you are not ready to give up the classic app at this time, you may want to delay updating to this version.

Finally! Looks like they shut down the Classic app and that part of the platform in the past 24 hours.

I have seen one user report their dashboard not loading on the ST forum so I pointed them to the fix from the September incidence. Not sure if it is related or not.

Finally! SO happy! Just in time for Christmas :christmas_tree: :tada: :christmas_tree: