Samsung api for system status?

Is there an api or another way to have webcore check if the smartthings platform is having issues or an outage?

If so how do I get that info into webcore to pause all pistons, other than the one monitoring the Samsung status. Once the outage has cleared turn on all pistons again.

The reason looking for this is if webcore is trying to do stuff during an outage, it seems once it is functioning again all my devices seem to go nuts trying to catch up to what they should have done during the outage.

Kind of hacky, but the status is available here: https://status.smartthings.com/

You could have it text/email/rss feed and then either use IFTTT/maker channel to call into webcore?

Problem is, sometimes the status doesn’t update for several hours after the issue actually starts

And, of course, if it is really down, there is no way for it to communicate with webCoRE.

It’s like asking a friend to call you when his phone dies.

I think you’d need a third party software (outside the ST/WC ecosystem) to alert you…
(For example, if ST is down, use Hue Bridge to flash lights)
But, I am not sure how you could pause pistons if ST is down though…

Curious to see if others have solved this, because I would be interested in this capability as well.