Should I just start over?

Or exclude/include an existing device, if there are no new ones available.

I would start with any newly added devices, maybe that a particular device is causing the problem.

For example, Echo Speaks was causing problems a while back if you had too many echos (not that it exists anymore).

Ok so I tried excluding some of my devices and it looks like those are coming up when i load webcore now is it possible to have too many devices and it just cant load them all?

I hope not…I have over 120 on my main WC instance.

Hey, do you know if you have any ghost devices? (Do you know what those are?)

I think ive seen the term used before but honestly im not exactly sure what they are lol

How to check the routing table of a device for intermediary ghost devices

To do this, open the IDE → click on My Devices → Click on your device . Scroll down and look for Route .

A healthy network route should look something like this:

• This Device :left_right_arrow: Hub
  • This Device (5C) :left_right_arrow: TV Audio System (D8) :left_right_arrow: Water Valve (D7) :left_right_arrow: Hub

An unhealthy network with ghost devices will look something like this:

• This Device (5C) :left_right_arrow: Unknown Device (40) :left_right_arrow: Bathroom Light (A0) :left_right_arrow: Hub
  • This Device (5C) :left_right_arrow: Unknown Device (BA) :left_right_arrow: Unknown Device (F2) :left_right_arrow: Tree Lights (A7) :left_right_arrow: Hub

These Unknown Device are ghost devices. You will need to make a note of each of their ID’s (in brackets) as you will need these to get rid of these ghost devices from your network routing tables.

This is from the ST forums. You might want to ask them if anyone is having similar problems.

How to identify all ghost devices on a Z-Wave network

1. Run a Z-Wave Repair
  2. Log into your IDE
  3. Click on My Hubs
  4. Click on List Events
  5. You’ll see the beginning event entry for the start of the Z-Wave Repair saying Z-Wave network repair started
  6. Wait for the Z-Wave Repair to complete (5 to 30 minutes), you’ll see an entry saying Z-Wave network repair finished .
    NOTE : You’ll have to manually refresh the page to get the latest event entries
  7. Look for entries with the Name zwNwkRepair , in the Displayed Text column you’ll see messages from the z-wave repair operation. If you see an entry here WITHOUT a device name and just a device id in brackets, e.g. [0A] , these are Ghost devices and their ghost device ID’s (within the brackets). Examples of GHOST devices, only displays the [ID] with no device name
  • Network repair for [0A]: Could not update neighbors
  • Network repair for [0A]: Could not delete old routes
  • Network repair for [0A]: Could not assign new route Examples of VALID devices, displays a device name before each [ID]
    WARNING: DO NOT DELETE VALID DEVICES OR YOU WILL HAVE TO EXCLUDE AND PAIR THESE DEVICES AGAIN
  • Network repair for Aeon Switch [0A]: Could not update neighbors
  • Network repair for Aeon Switch [0A]: Could not delete old routes
  • Network repair for Aeon Switch [0A]: Could not assign new route
  1. Note the device ID’s for all such ghost devices and then remove each of them as explained below