What do you do when the Editor doesn't want to insert or paste a statement?

I’ve seen this a few times now, but this time I can’t seem to work my way out of it.

At line 41 the editor doesn’t respond when I build a statement and click Add, nor when I try to paste something in. I think it is related to working on an elseif, and perhaps with the unintended parentheses in the if condition. Is there a way to edit the piston outside of the IDE’s editor?

Related to what I was trying to do, I’ve seen something about pushing a devices current state to a container or something. Where can I read up about that?

I don’t need any immediate help on this since I reworked the logic, but I’ll leave the question open to see if others have experienced the same problem.

I’ve tested this and I can replicate… so it’s been raised as a bug report.

Another editor issue. Something strange happens with cursor placement and select and copy when some unknown conditions occur. I don’t know if id doesn’t like having text right up against the right margin, or a colon ending the line, or what.

When I try to select all the text it really struggles to select all the text. Notice the black characters underneath the white text on the second line. Some of that text appears out of nowhere when performing the select, as it it’s really confused about wrapping lines. Most of the time the resulting paste operation does not paste all the next.

Also, sometimes the cursor isn’t placed where clicked.

I think this is it for the night :slight_smile:

I can work around this, but frequently when completing a variable in an expression it gets confused about where the completed variable ends.

Yeah… that one is a known issue

For a bit of background info, the expression editor is a third-party component that has been configured to work with webCoRE’s expression syntax. The expression language is extremely loose compared to a normal programming language that the component expects to highlight, so we get inconsistencies like this. If it ever causes a serious problem (like for people who have tried to use expressions to generate HTML code) you can often use the Value input instead.

There are a number of strange things going on with else if, last week I took a look through to code to try to get a handle on what might be wrong here but didn’t have much luck. The parentheses are behaving very strangely in your example so I think you’re right to suspect some issues related to that… can’t delete them, can’t add any other conditions at the top level. The only advice I’ve seen so far for a misbehaving else if is to start a new if block and drag everything back into it.