Why are some items subscribing to events and some not?

Any idea in the below piston why two different pieces of data I am grabbing from my home weather station to control some window blinds works differently within the piston?. The Home Weather Station temperature subscribes to events (you can see the lightning bolt on the left) while the solar radiation line does not. They are both integers. Even if I set the solar radiation line to ‘always subscribe’ it still does not show the lightning bolt.

I am trying to use this solar data in more pistons and require it to subscribe to events.

I am not sure why it won’t subscribe. If I had to guess, maybe a spelling issue?
I would be tempted to change line 31 to this for a test:

(Pay extra attention to the spelling in the far right drop down)

An alternative would be to Set global variable @rad (similar to the pic above) to capture the data and store it in a global variable, so your other pistons can access that data easily.

@WCmore . Now that you gave that suggestion I am now remembering why I had to have the solar radiation reading of the weather station as an expression and not just use the standard ‘Physical Device’ category. It is because for some reason the solar radiation does not report back as a number. Take a look:

I’ll use the illuminance reading instead since this looks to be reporting as a number. This is measured in Lux and is a direct correlation to the solar radiation. I just have to figure out what the lux reading is at the 450 w/m2 solar radiation reading.
Whats sort of interesting about this, is that WeatherUnderground reports solar radiation of all the weather stations in the network and not lux so I was using that since I could correlate solar radiation to when it was sunny vs cloudy and I really cant do that with lux as easily.

I’ll just have to create a separate piston for the time being to send me the lux when the solar radiation is at, or around, 450 w/m2 to figure what lux to put in until I get a good handle of how the my weather station reports lux when it is cloudy vs sunny.

I will confess, I am not for sure what the tiny icon to the left of solarradiation means.
temp
Maybe someone can share some wisdom in that area.

I do notice that the one with the icon isn’t subscribing, but the one with no icon is.

Can you give me an example of what outputs when you log:

Depending on your reply, we might be able to query the solarradiation in the same piston.

@WCmore. Thanks for replying. I just did an analysis today of Lux vs solar radiation reading and it equals .009* solar radiation so to make it easy I will just use the illuminance field instead moving forward since it does pick up the subscribing without any hassles.

Sweet! Excellent strategy!!