Device Status Tiles

temperature
device_health
light
tiles
power

Right. I’m thinking the same thing about getting daily data.
On [0] thing, I had some coding in the original piston to work the the 3 pm problem with [0], but I decided that using the current forecast instead just avoids that issue entirely. I do notice that, at times the current and today forecast are subtly different. You could have both, but keep in mind the second comment above about valid times.

@MajorEvent is the man. Circling back on this old topic because the bug is still in the sample tiles for Lights and Switches (probably others). I spent about 3+ hours trying to track this down because my wife said the bedroom lights kept coming on, but I wasn’t touching those tiles. This is a pretty insidious bug because it is using the zero-based index of the device array to turn bulbs on and off. When it’s responding to a “tile” event, it’s not a problem, but for switch events, routines, buttons, and other things that can trigger this piston, it’s a big problem. Most of the time you just get the Java exception because it’s using an invalid index for the Bulb array. But sometimes, the event comes with a perfectly valid index for Bulb such as Level 1-n brightness (where n is 16 or less), which we use all the time in the late evening. Every time I would change a light to 1%, 2%, etc, my bedroom lights would turn on and off. Simple fix, to add a check for

{$currentEventAttribute} is 'tile'

You might also use a log statement like this to figure out what the hell is going on:

do Log info "{"type:" $currentEventAttribute " v:" $currentEventValue " device:" tilePressDeviceID"

Nothing against the great efforts here, because I love webCoRE, generally like hacking/coding, and really like effective home automation, but Jesus H. W. Christ. This wasted a whole lot of my time this evening.

Hoping to save someone from this coding horror when they think it’s going to take 20 minutes to add a few tiles, and they end up staying up until 4am chasing a ghost.

I’m going to ask what’s probably the dumbest question in this thread. I found the wiki on Device tiles, was able to install a second webCoRE instance for the tiles and imported one that I liked for Presence Sensors. I edited the variables it prompted me to edit, but how to I actually view the tile?

in the webcore dashboard, the piston needs to be put into a category that allows/displays tiles.

The piston itself needs to issue set tile xxxx commands

Whoa. Would you look at that! I would have never found that in a million years. Now I need to figure out how to get them into ActionTiles.

This is one hell of a learning curve, although I have to admit, it’s fun.

Hey,

I am trying to get the presence tile piston working that you posted code for about 18 months ago. I only have one sensor on there right now, its a smartphone and it updates correctly in ST app but for some reason the tile never updates and the piston seems to not get any updates from the device. I have it posted Presence Tiles Code Seems To Work But Tile Still Says No Event

If you or someone who sees this could take a look it would be appreciated.

You can’t get them into Action Tiles but you can create a tile in AT. It will be a “generic” tile that will only only show Present or Not Present.

If that’s the case, what do people use the device status tiles for in webCoRe?

Here are a few examples from the Wiki.

Here are a few examples from this forum.