Gauge for Length of Day (showing Solstices & Equinoxes)

Also, the reason I chose 16 & 84 (instead of 25 and 75 like you did) is because the year is split up perfectly if you use 16 & 84. (the dial spends exactly 3 months in each color)

I got this working now…This is neat!!!

I had my “set piston tile” info in the wrong area before…but it’s working now…I like your last post (piston screenshot without the import code…) I’ll fool with that at a later time…

Nice Work!

one question, I know i can go into settings in webcore and make the tile size larger, but the gauge still stays the same size…I how do i resize the gauge to compensate for the larger tile size?

Ctrl-F5 from your dashboard will redraw the tiles.
(it will NOT pull new data, but it redraws it based on the html)

Now I’m at 14.4%, and I have the full complement of 21 decimals, so I’m very happy about that! Thanks for helping me set it up @WCmore It’s one of my favourite pistons.

Sure thing… Glad to be able to help!

With only a few days of Fall remaining, and the Winter Solstice nearly upon us, I figure some of you may appreciate a recent screenshot.

temp

Everything is tracking along beautifully!

And mine. Haven’t done the seasons yet

Btw thanks for the inspiration

Lookin’ good!!!

Two days remaining before the Winter Solstice, my background turned “ice blue” to alert me…

temp

The Solstice is tomorrow… This is the last picture before the color changes

temp

Happy Winter Solstice!
It’s strange to see 0% of max !

Thanks for the reminder… My colors just switched over to show Winter & Spring…

temp

and finally, the first full day of winter…

temp

Last day of the year… After 12 months, I can’t wait to see my needle jump tomorrow!

temp

Happy New Years everyone!

temp

Does anyone have a full posting of the piston with all the gauges?

I am not sure they will all fit into one piston. I use one piston to create the {dayLengthPercent} as seen in this post. This is actually the hardest part.

If you don’t mind being a day off occasionally, the drawing of the gauges is fairly easy.
(the solar events can be slightly different each year) There are a few examples of this code earlier in this thread. (Here, or here, are the two main ones)

Personally, I am a bit picky on accuracy, so I have built in a lot of extra logic into mine.
(checking for leap years, changing colors etc) I actually use different pistons to draw each gauge, and each piston is near max capacity.

I just noticed something interesting…
My sunrise and sunset are exactly 12 hours apart,
yet we are still 4 days away from the Spring Equinox…

temp

I suspect this is because the Equinox is based on the center of the sun, yet the sunrise and sunset here in webCoRE is based on the very edge of the sun passing the horizon.

Last day of Winter… and 24 hours before the Spring Equinox…

temp