Global datetime Variable resets to current date/time when edited

verified

Background: When testing a piston, I was setting a datetime variable manually, but each time that I try to set it, it defaults to the current date/time instead of the variable value

Steps to replicate behavior:

1. Open Piston to Edit mode
  2. Click add new global variable
  3. Select type “Date and Time”
  4. Enter any variable name
  5. Select Value (for initial value)
  6. pick any date/time before the current date/time
  7. Click add
  8. Click on the variable name

Actual Behavior
Date/time changes from set value to current date/time

Desired Behavior
Date/Time stays at value stored in variable

Global boolean variable resets to false or no value selected when manually editing

Confirmed, I see the same behavior. Since there is another bugfix related to the date input in the current testing release I’ll see if I can fix this one as well. This seems to affect both the date and datetime input.

Global variables of type time have even more significant issues. The time seems to be interpreted in a different time zone, so for me setting a time global to 5:00 PM results in a displayed time of 1:00 PM after saving the variable. It may just be a problem with the initial value since editing the time variable again seems to show the same time that I specified. In either case, editing the variable again shows a completely blank value for the time.

I have a fix for the date and datetime globals which ended up being in the same line of code as the booleans. The time input is more significantly broken; I’m still peeling back the layers on that one.

This fix for editing date and datetime global variables has been published. I ran out of time trying to fix the time field for this release. See the announcement for more details