Pistons have stopped working! [daylight savings time issues]

fixed

Try Open and save (Or pause and resume) your pistons to force a reschedule.

With all due respect to everyone on the forums, And I hope this never happens., Ady is only one person. Heaven forbid nothing happens to him but if something ever did what happens to webcore? Is Ady still looking to get this officially supported by Smartthings?

Although webcore is a technological wonder, and Ady is an amazing coder, We are all depending on one person. I think that’s a little risky. Granted webcor is still beta, then what?

We had the same issues last week in the UK after DST.
It’s because the time was probably scheduled before DST took place.
You should find all subsequent schedules will be correct.
They were for me anyway.

The future is bright :wink:

I gotta wear shades😎. Sorry, I couldn’t resist. It’s the first thing I thought of.

Thanks. I tried the open and save but still have the wrong “Next Scheduled” times.

What is your piston recovery set to in the webCoRE SmartApp?

FYI - I’m guessing here…

My recovery is set to 30 minutes (which I’m guessing is the default since I’ve never changed it before that I know of).

The webCoRE code is in the github, it can be easily forked out and development resumed, if that needs be.

@ipaterson has access to both the github and the underlying webCoRE server. So he is, in a way, a backup.

:floppy_disk:

@ady624 After updating to the latest version this morning, my timers that are supposed to execute at sunset are set to execute one hour too early. Someone else reported something similar above about things being off by one hour.

Specifically I have a piston that is supposed to run 10 minutes before sunset. However after the update this morning I see it is set to run at 3:53 PM EDT, but if things were working correctly that SHOULD be scheduled to run one hour later, at 4:53 PM.

This is probably because the time was scheduled before DST change hence it will be 1 hour out.
You can leave it alone and all subsequent schedules will be OK.
If you edit then save it should change. Maybe a test will sort it out.
Give it a try.

I’ve tried the Edit and save, Pause and Test. Most of my pistons are still showing that they are out by 1 hour. I’m EST.

OK. As said above, they should sort themselves out after their next run.

Let’s just hope @ady624 knows the ‘look both ways’ rule when crossing the road.

AF498C55-39F6-4332-8E07-D2008C6CE8E9

Not so sure about that… if pause and resume didn’t fix it then the next run probably won’t either

I don’t think they are going to sort themselves out after the next run. I created a new piston and it’s out by 1 hour.

Here is the piston and it shows the next time for 9:25am.(1 hour behind) Nothing happened at 10:26

define

• add a new variable
    end define;

execute
if
Time happens daily at 10:25:00 AM

• add a new condition
    then
    with
    do Send PUSH notification “test”;
  • add a new task
    end with;
  • add a new statement
    else
  • add a new statement
    end if;
  • add a new statement
    end execute;

I explained above what I think is happening. They will get back to normal the next day. I will also do some testing to see if webCoRE is at fault.

Oh well I was just going by what happened in the UK last week when we had similar issues after DST.
Perhaps this situation is a bit more involved.

Editing and re-saving the piston did not change anything. It is still set to just before 4PM instead of 5PM. This is for a piston set to run based on SUNSET.

On a similar note, I do have another piston set to run at 5:45 AM, and THAT piston is correctly set to wake at the right time. So the issue could be related to predefined/preset times like SUNSET?