Device Status Tiles

temperature
device_health
light
tiles
power

When you first setup a new piston, it’ll default to the first category that you have setup on the top. Make sure the first category is setup to tiles/details and then you can move the category that you want to move it to once you open it.

If you still can’t find it, log into your Smartthings hub site that you did to install WebCore then do the following:

1. Goto My Locations on top-left side

2. Click on smartapps under Installed SmartApps section

3. Look for the name of the WebCore Instance you installed this piston on then click on the name that you gave the piston that you installed from the device tiles above. Below is an example of what mine looks like:

4. This will show if it saved correctly. If you click on it and look for category, you’ll see the number of the category. For example for me it shows 4 on an example that I selected so it’ll be the 4th category from the top.

If you aren’t finding it at all, try creating it again using the code using the “Restore a piston using a backup code” option.

It only happens when I open my garage door, which has a piston which turns lights red if garage door is opened. That piston has no reference to the balcony lights, at all.

Here are the logs for the light turning on (for this piston). Fish tank light is the light that turns on whenever the garage door opens.

06/11/2017, 13:37:47 +19ms
+1ms ╔Received event [Fish Tank Light].level = 1 with a delay of 107ms
+190ms ║RunTime Analysis CS > 21ms > PS > 40ms > PE > 129ms > CE
+200ms ║Runtime (55563 bytes) successfully initialized in 40ms (v0.2.0fd.20171105) (198ms)
+201ms ║╔Execution stage started
+214ms ║║Cancelling statement #91’s schedules…
+225ms ║║Calculating (string) off == (string) on >> (boolean) false
+230ms ║║Executed virtual command setVariable (2ms)
+243ms ║║Calculating (integer) 2 + (integer) 1 >> (integer) 3
+248ms ║║Executed virtual command setVariable (3ms)
+253ms ║║Executed virtual command setVariable (3ms)
+260ms ║║Calculating (integer) 3 - (integer) 1 >> (integer) 2
+266ms ║║Executed virtual command setVariable (3ms)
+276ms ║║Calculating (integer) 3 - (integer) 1 >> (integer) 2
+280ms ║║Executed virtual command setVariable (2ms)
+286ms ║║Executed virtual command setVariable (3ms)
+306ms ║║Calculating (string) 1 + (string) % >> (string) 1%
+312ms ║║Calculating (string) 1% + (string) 2703 >> (string) 1% 2703
+315ms ║║Calculating (string) 1% 2703 + (string) K >> (string) 1% 2703K
+319ms ║║Calculating (string) 1 + (string) % >> (string) 1%
+324ms ║║Calculating (integer) 2703 > (integer) 0 >> (boolean) true
+336ms ║║Calculating (enum) off == (enum) on >> (boolean) false
+345ms ║║Executed virtual command setTile (1ms)
+347ms ║║Cancelling statement #226’s schedules…
+352ms ║║Executed virtual command setVariable (2ms)
+370ms ║║Calculating (integer) 11 + (integer) 1 >> (integer) 12
+375ms ║║Cancelling statement #229’s schedules…
+378ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (0ms)
+400ms ║║Calculating (integer) 11 + (integer) 1 >> (integer) 12
+404ms ║║Cancelling statement #229’s schedules…
+407ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (0ms)
+425ms ║║Calculating (integer) 11 + (integer) 1 >> (integer) 12
+429ms ║║Cancelling statement #229’s schedules…
+432ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+449ms ║║Calculating (integer) 11 + (integer) 1 >> (integer) 12
+454ms ║║Cancelling statement #229’s schedules…
+457ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (1ms)
+474ms ║║Calculating (integer) 11 + (integer) 1 >> (integer) 12
+478ms ║║Cancelling statement #229’s schedules…
+481ms ║║Executed virtual command clearTile (0ms)
+485ms ║║Cancelling statement #206’s schedules…
+495ms ║║Calculating (decimal) 1.0 - (decimal) 1.0 >> (decimal) 0.0
+571ms ║║Executed physical command [Balcony Lights].on() (70ms)
+572ms ║║Executed virtual command [Balcony Lights].toggle (74ms)
+576ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (375ms)
+578ms ║Setting up scheduled job for Mon, Nov 6 2017 @ 1:38:52 PM AEDT (in 64.732s)
+591ms ╚Event processed successfully (591ms)

Are you using switches along with bulbs? I have 2 piston tiles to separate switches and bulbs, please keep them separate since the bulb tile piston is not designed for wall switches. Another thing, remove the tilePressDeviceID section off since that is causing the bulbs to toggle on the logs you provided. I’m not sure why it’s toggling exactly but it looked like you had wall switches and bulbs mixed on this piston from the screenshot you posted above which might cause it:

Thanks. I removed the bulbs from that piston, and it’s stopped the problems.

Which section do you mean to remove when you say remove tilePressDeviceID.

Are you talking about the define variable section, or the line 54 and ff section?

Remove this section:

Also wanted to check, do you have wall switches on this piston too? I have a Light Switch device tile specifically for wall switches. I didn’t create the bulb piston to work with wall switches, it’s designed for smart bulbs only so it could cause odd behavior if you mix the two.

Yes, the problem was that I had put bulb and switches on the same piston. I didnt realise that it was incompatible. Thanks for helping sort it out. I’ve since imported the light switch tile and got it working, and removed the switches from the bulb piston. Thanks for helping me out!

I have not, as yet, removed the tilepressDeviceID lines because it seems to be working. I will, if there continues to be problems.

All is working. Thanks for sharing your code.

Hi @bfara83 please share your wall switches piston. Since you have taken the time to clarify that the difference is important, what about plug in light control plugs (so neither wall switch, nor smart bulb)

It’s already posted above below the light bulbs device tiles piston example:

https://community.webcore.co/t/device-status-tiles/371/4

Sorry Brad. Many thanks! Cheers.

I added my Room Occupancy Status Tiles Piston on the very first post if anyone is interested for Smartapp/DTH the located here:

It looks like this, I used the exact same colors that are used on the DTH:

I’m working on a new Thermostat and Presence Sensor Tiles as well which is mostly done but working out some glitches on them still. I’ll post them when they are ready.

Rooms Manager: Smarter Rooms: Personalized home automation with Occupancy

Yeess! Been waiting for these, thanks!

I updated the Light Switch tile above with code aupy to fix a typo found by @kraig109 that I want to thank for pointing out on the timestamps for the tiles.

I also added a check to display brightness level on the footer when the switch is on if the light switch has dimmer functionally. If the switch doesn’t have a dimmer function, it’ll have the same behavior as before where it’ll display the time stamp instead.

@bfara83

Any chance you can assist me with inserting a SMS notification task when Leak Sensor turns wet?

Your Pistons/Tiles are fantastic, TY very much

Rick

Not a problem, I posted the one I created for myself here with a few instructions on setup:

Thanks bfara83, I have a piston that does basic notification as well, works fine, was hoping to integrate it into the main Water Sensor Tile Piston from p3nde

After further review, it might not be the best idea to incorporate since the tile piston refreshes every 10 mins, I want the SMS immediately. I will continue to use my SMS piston along side this one

Thanks
Rick

That’s always possible if you want to combine the Device Tile piston with the piston you have already for the SMS alerts when t here’s an alert. I already do SMS alerts on the Weather Tiles already so it’ll work fine if you combine the two. Something to remember is to make sure the chunks aren’t too big, I usually have problems when it’s more than 20 chucks but others have found 24+ to be too big. Chucks is basically the size of the piston but I can’t imagine you’ll run into that limit if you combine the two to one since it’s only 9 chucks for the Water Leak Sensor Device Tile I created.

I added a separate post for the Thermostat Device Tiles located here:

This post is getting too big to add it here I think so I posted in it’s own post.

I updated the Room Occupancy Status Tiles above with Code: xc0u

This is to fix the DTH update a few days back to change the occupancy status which broke the tiles. I also fixed an issue with the boolean list variable TileActive creating a value over and over again filling up the memory of the piston. I’ll have to fix this on the other pistons as well and update whenever I can this week.

I don’t know if these would be of use to anybody, but here are a few I’ve cobbled together (some borrowed from above and tweaked a bit). I’ve just started playing with these so if they’re too early for anyone to use, it’s not going to hurt my feelings!

This is a simple tile that shows quickly whether or not one of two people are home, or if the house is vacant. The first piston drives one tile, the second option drives the two discrete tiles

One Tile:

Two Tiles:

These tiles and the status above them are driven by a combination of a few samples provided on this board by other members, too:

Gauges and text status piston:

Thermostat Away change temp