Webcore Missing Motion.inactive Messages

1) Give a description of the problem
Starting a few weeks ago, Webcore started missing some motion.inactive messages from SmartThings. This is causing my “stays inactive” triggers to never trigger. The motion.inactive events are showing up consistently in the SmartThings IDE.

I’ve tried restarting the hub, rewriting my pistons to make them as simple as possible. Pausing all non-essential pistons, changing batteries, etc. Because the motion.inactive events are appearing in ST but not Webcore, I am confident the sensors themselves are OK.

I’ve copied in one example below, but this is happening with at least 3 different ST motion sensors (zigbee) triggering three different pistons.

2) What is the expected behaviour?
Simple light on/light off piston.

3) What is happening/not happening?
Without receiving a motion.inactive signal, the “stays inactive” trigger is never triggered.

**4) Post a Green Snapshot of the piston![image|45x37]

5) Attach logs after turning logging level to Full

Webcore Log:
Preformatted text|1/1/2020, 12:35:22 PM +638ms||
|+1ms|╔Received event [Shower Motion Sensor].motion = active with a delay of 125ms|
|+94ms|║Runtime (40725 bytes) successfully initialized in 35ms (v0.3.110.20191009) (93ms)|
|+95ms|║╔Execution stage started|
|+118ms|║╚Execution stage complete. (23ms)|
|+119ms|╚Event processed successfully (118ms)|
|1/1/2020, 11:59:04 AM +3ms||
|+2ms|╔Received event [Shower Motion Sensor].motion = active with a delay of 3011ms|
|+120ms|║Runtime (40725 bytes) successfully initialized in 54ms (v0.3.110.20191009) (118ms)|
|+121ms|║╔Execution stage started|
|+178ms|║║Executed [Master Bathroom Vanity Lights].setLevel (27ms)|
|+208ms|║║Executed [Master Bathroom Outlet].on (24ms)|
|+222ms|║╚Execution stage complete. (101ms)|
|+223ms|╚Event processed successfully (223ms)|

SmartThings IDE Log:
2020-01-01 11:59:16.132 AM PST

40 minutes ago DEVICE motion inactive Shower Motion Sensor motion has stopped
2020-01-01 11:59:00.992 AM PST

40 minutes ago DEVICE motion active Shower Motion Sensor detected motion

Help With Motion Sensor Piston

There are several current threads about motion events being missed. It appears like it might be a ST issue. See the threads below.

Wow. This is refreshing to hear actually! I am have been driving myself crazy trying to diagnose this issue.

I see that the ST hub firmware was updated on December 9 (I believe). I wonder if there is any connection.

I don’t think so as I’m seeing it myself, though not as often as some, and I’m still running a V1 hub that no longer gets firmware updates.

Interesting. It sounds like this Dec 19 outage and whatever fix was applied my be a cause.

Has anyone tried resetting and reading sensors? Any idea if these problems occur with Z wave motion sensors?

Serious issues with Webcore. Commands disappearing into the ether

I don’t think it’s limited to sensors. Many commands are just falling into a black hole.

I had a piston fail last night because it failed to read the status of a virtual switch.